Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- 3D Lawn Resting Tiger 1364 Wallpaper Decal Dercor Home Kids Nursery Mural Home
- 3D Sunrise Tower in ParisPaper Wall Print Decal Wall Deco Indoor wall Murals
- 3D City Fireworks 134 Wall Paper Wall Print Decal Wall Deco Indoor AJ Wall Paper
- Doodle King Size Duvet Cover Set Winning Celebration with 2 Pillow Shams
- Lark Manor Ardenne Duvet Set 3-Pcs Full Queen Cotton
- Zoomie Kids Jurgensen Jungle Friends Cotton 2 Piece Duvet Cover Set
- 382206 , Snap On Lid for 2655 Grey
- Car Auto Alarm System Security Keyless Entry Push Button Remote Engine Start Kit
- Hearth And Hand Magnolia Embroidered Twin Comforer Set New
- NEW Queenpink 144-W-01 Pink Full Body Pillow FREE SHIPPING
- EUREKA F300 Wet and Dry Bagged Vacuum Cleaner, Compact Home Vacuum with Blowing
- Eureka Lightweight Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum, 9A Motor, W
- Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G Corded Canister Vacuum Cleaner, Yellow, Pet, 3670G-Y...
- EUREKA Mighty Mite Bagged Canister Vacuum Cleaner Pet Multi Purpose 3670H blueeee
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with