Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- 3D Coral color 4 Stair Risers Decoration Photo Mural Vinyl Decal Wallpaper UK
- bluee White Duvet Cover Set with Pillow Shams Wildflowers Blooms Print
- 3D Summer Beach Starfish Bedding Set Duvet Cover Pillowcase Comforter Cover Set
- Floral Duvet Cover Set King Size Blooming Spring Sprouts with 2 Pillow Shams
- Indian Sketched Hand Hamsa Fatima Positivist Duvet Doona Quilt Cover Bedding Set
- FECA Medium Swivel Suction Hook Set of 2
- 40 Inch Foldable Travel Suit Cover Breathable Folding Garment Bags with Handles
- CLEMCO APOLLO 600 AIR FED SANDBLASTING HELMET REPLACEMENT CAPE WITH INNER COLLAR
- HUBERT Crate Hunter Green Stained Wood Rectangular - 17 1 2 L x 14 W x 12 H
- New Twin Twin XL Size Lia Comforter Set Micro Fiber Pink Modern Mi Zone MZ10-301
- HIde-A-Hose -- 60" Rapidflex Hose
- High Density Can Liners, 7-10 Gal, 24"x24", 1000 CT, CL GJO01755
- High Quality Universal Vacuum Cleaner Hose Coil 38mm 15 metre Length INDUSTRIAL
- High-Density Can Liners, 43 x 47, 56-Gal, 17 Micron Equivalent, Clear, 25 Roll
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with