Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Smc GZ46 K 02 Analogique Positif Jauge de Pression Arrière Entré 0kPa,Connexion
- 12V 200W DN50 Stainless Steel Brewing Heating Element Boiler Immersion Heater
- Bondhus 27730cm Ball End L-Wrench. Free Delivery
- colorful Duvet Cover Set with Pillow Shams Cute Striped Present Print
- Handmade Indian Bohemia Kantha Quilt orange Paisley-Bedspread-Bed-Cover 60X90"
- Mountain Duvet Cover Set with Pillow Shams Alpine Lake Sky Forest Print
- Rabbit Simple Long Ears 3D Digital Print Bedding Duvet Quilt Cover Pillowcase
- Vintage TOP QUALITY Throw Blanket Kantha Gudri Quilt Rug Curtain Wallhanging
- Festool Systainer SYS 1 BOX T-LOC
- Samsung Powerbot R7065 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Bed Sheet Set 4 Piece Cotton Rich 1000 Thread Count Soft Classic Damask Stripe
- Olympic Queen Size 4 PCs Luxury Sheet Set 1000 TC Egyptian Cotton Striped colors
- New Luxurious 100% Mulberry silk charmeuse Flat sheet King White
- Bloomsbury Market Modern Selenite and Glass Hurricane
- Edredón transformers individual para niño
- Vlies Tapete Premium Kolibri Foto Tapete XXL Quadrat Wand Deko Wandtapete Motiv
- Vlies Tapete Premium Ligne whitehe Foto Tapete XXL Quadrat Wand Deko Wandtapete
- Vlies Tapete Premium Meerkat Family Foto Tapete XXL Quadrat Wand Deko Wandtapete
- Vlies Tapete Premium New York Skyline Foto Tapete Quadrat Wand Wand Deko Tapete
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with